These Gluten Free Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies are chocolatey, creamy, and fruity! Fudgy brownies are topped with a thick and creamy blackberry cheesecake. So quick and easy to make, and a real crowd pleaser. Gluten free decadence!
Autumn is well and truly here, the leaves are turning shades of red and brown, the air is crisp, and the mornings are dark. In England autumn usually means lots and lots of rain too, but so far we’ve been spared from too much rain and this weekend is turning out to be pretty warm. Since we’re in October now, blackberry season is over – but my freezer is still fully stocked with these gorgeous, sweet berries and, thus, these Gluten Free Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies were born.
It’s hard to pick a favourite dessert, it’s like picking your favourite child, but if I had a gun to my head it would be brownies and cheesecake. Yep, even with a gun to my head I would still have to pick two! So, it only makes to combine the two, and the results are always totally delicious. These Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies are a cut above the rest too, the creamy cheesecake with a sweet and tart blackberry sauce swirled through it, baked on top of fudgy, rich brownies – amazing!
The thick and creamy cheesecake texture combined with the fudgy brownie texture is just to die for, along with the amazing flavour combination. Berries and chocolate are made for each other. These Gluten Free Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies are so simple to make too. You mix up the brownie batter in one bowl, bake it until just set, mix the cheesecake batter and pour over the top, swirl in your blackberry sauce and bake again! And out of the oven comes these amazing Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies – everybody will love them!
What is your favourite dessert? Are you a brownie or cheesecake fiend? Or, like me, do you love the idea of combining the two? If you’ve not tried the Cheesecake Brownie combo, you really need to make these Gluten Free Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies as soon as possible!
Gluten Free Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies
Yield 18 Brownies
Fudgy, rich brownies are topped with a thick, creamy cheesecake, swirled with blackberry sauce. Really easy to make, and so delicioius
For the blackberry sauce:
- 2 cups (250g) blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- 2 tbsp crème de mûre/blackberry liqueur (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (cornflour)
For the brownies:
- 1 cup (225g) unsalted butter
- 7oz (200) dark chocolate, chopped (approx 1.5 cups when chopped)
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 2 cups (225g) gluten free all purpose (plain) flour blend (can use regular AP/plain flour if gluten is not a concern)
- 1 cup (100g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup (250g) brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brewed coffee*
- 1 tbsp crème de mûre/blackberry liqueur (optional)
For the cheesecake:
- 16oz (450g) full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp blackberry sauce, completely cooled
To make the blackberry sauce:
- Put the blackberries, sugar, water, and crème de mûre (if using) in a small saucepan and bring to a boil on a medium heat. Let bubble for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice and cornstarch and pour into the blackberry sauce. Stir to combine
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
To make the brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a 9x13" brownie pan with parchment paper, leave lots of overhang at the ends for easy removal.
- Melt the butter, sugar and chocolate together. Leave to cool slightly.
- Put the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside
- Beat the eggs and brown sugar together. Beat in the vanilla, coffee, and crème de mûre (if using). Beat in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes, until the top is just set (the inside will still be raw batter).
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325F/160C
To make the cheesecake:
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until combined. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the yogurt and vanilla.
- Stir in 3 tbsp of the cooled blackberry sauce
- Carefully spoon the cheesecake over the half baked brownies (carefully, so you don't break the set top).
- Spoon the rest of the blackberry sauce over the top, and swirl with a blunt knife (again, being careful not to break the set top of the brownies).
- Bake at 325F/160C for 40 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set and slightly springy to touch.
- Cool completely in the pan, on a wire rack, then chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Cut into squares to serve
*You cannot taste the coffee in the brownies, it just intensifies the chocolate flavour
Store in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days - allow to come to room temperature to serve.
Nutritional information is generated using a third party app and may not be accurate, the information should be used for guidance only.
Serving Size 1 Brownie
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 23.7 g
Saturated Fat 12.5 g
Total Carbohydrates 58.4 g
Sugars 47.7 g
Protein 6.1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.