Three amazing festive cocktails that are totally delicious, perfect for the holidays and are quick and easy to make in your Vitamix! We have a Pomegranate Martini that can be made with vodka or gin (mixer’s preference), a Spiced Clementine Bellini to make you feel fancy, and a Grapefruit and Thyme Fizz which is actually a Mocktail so it’s great for those who don’t want booze, or kids!
Can you guys believe it’s already December? I know it’s a cliché to say, but the year has just flown by, St Nick will be coming down our chimneys in three short weeks, who else is panicking? I have barely started Christmas shopping and this is my first Christmas recipe post! I am so behind y’all, but I will catch up! After my post-vacation vacation that is – I just landed back in London after a trip to Atlanta yesterday so bear with me!
I may be very far behind, but I am bringing three amazing festive cocktails to you today so I’m coming in swinging! These two cocktails and a mocktail were created especially for Vitamix’s Festive Moments Dinner Party, and I had the honour of bringing you the first, and let’s face it, most fun, course – festive cocktails! We have three awesome holiday drinks, which includes two cocktails and a mocktail, so you can make all of your family and friends happy whatever their tastes. With their impressive high performance blenders, Vitamix will make quick and easy work of these festive tipples!
The first of the festive cocktails I have for you is the Pomegranate Martini. Pomegranate’s are one of my favourite winter fruits, full of so much flavour and they’re one of the prettiest fruits out there too. They can be such a pain in the butt in to get out all that wonderful juice for drinks though, which where the Vitamix comes in so handy! You just put those gorgeous red jewels, along with vodka (or gin) and dry vermouth, into the blender and in seconds you have a pomegranate martini goodness – just strain it into your martini glasses and you’re ready to get sipping.
Next up we’re swapping out spirits for sparkling wine, prosecco to be precise. These Spiced Clementine Bellini’s will definitely get everybody in the holiday spirit with the totally festive combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and clementines. Again, your Vitamix will have your Spiced Clementine Bellini’s sorted in seconds. Pop your clementine segments along with the spices into the blender and blitz for a few seconds, pour into your flutes and top up with Prosecco and you’ve got yourself a fancy, bubbly cocktail that is totally going to impress! These will be great for a holiday brunch as well, cocktails you can acceptably drink in the morning are my favourite kind of cocktail!
And last, but definitely not least, we have the Grapefruit and Thyme Fizz! This is a mocktail, so your non-drinking guests can enjoy a delicious and bespoke drink along with everybody else, don’t leave them to the boring fate of plain sparkling water, they’ll remember and appreciate that you thought of them too! It’s made with grapefruit juice and a thyme simple syrup that is really quick and easy to make, then you just blitz them together in your Vitamix so they’re nice and mixed together, pour into a tall glass and top up with tonic water. It’s so delicious, don’t be surprised if you’re booze drinking guests ask for a cold glass of this Grapefruit and Thyme Fizz too!
Good food and drink are always the centre of our holiday get togethers, and if they’re the centre of yours too Vitamix High Performance Blenders will help take care of your delicious creations so you can relax and make lasting memories with friends and family. These three wonderful festive cocktails are a great way to enjoy unforgettable moments with your loved ones – so get mixing and start making memories! The three recipes are coming up and Happy Holidays!
A fresh pomegranate martini made in your Vitamix blender
- Seeds from 2 large pomegranates/2.5 cups/400g
- 4.5oz chilled vodka (or gin)
- 2oz dry vermouth
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Put all the ingredients in your Vitamix blender and blend on a medium-high speed until pomegranate seeds are pureed - about 30 seconds.
- Strain into chilled martini glasses
Spiced Clementini Bellinis made in your Vitamix blender - the perfect festive bubbles
- Segments of 4 peeled clementines/ 2cups/ 300g
- 1/4tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 bottle of chilled prosecco
- Put the clementines, nutmeg and cinnamon in your Vitamix blender. Blend on a medium speed for about 30 seconds, until the clementines are pureed.
- Pour into champagne flutes, about 1/3 full.
- Top up with prosecco
A fresh Grapefruit and Thyme mocktail that doesn't need alcohol to be delicious
- 300g/1.5 cups sugar
- 240ml/1 cup water
- 1tsp dried thyme or 20 sprigs fresh thyme
- 300ml/1.25 cup chiled grapefruit juice
- 85ml/3oz thyme simple syrup
- 500ml chilled tonic water
- Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil on a medium-high heat
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar has melted.
- Remove from heat and cover, leave to steep for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool and then strain into a bottle. Will keep in the fridge for 1 week.
- Put the grapefruit juice and thyme simple syrup in your Vitamix blender.
- Blend on a low speed for 30 seconds to combine the two.
- Pour into tall glasses, about 1/3 full
- Top up with tonic water
Do you love making memories with good food and drink too?
Sharing with… Saucy Saturdays